Game prospects 2023

Dear developers,

2022 ended on the German forum with a year in review and a first prospect of what is to come for SIM Dispatcher in 2023. Emphasis in game development still lies heavily with all German-language aspects of the game, which is understandable given the ambitions the developers have shared throughout the last year.

Meanwhile we have received a base English language layer in the game in 2022 which is a great start to making the game ‘internationally accessible’. Also in the ticket system the implementation of Geodata for The Netherlands has been marked as a high priority in september. Unfortunately inquiries relating to the status of further translation and possibly the implementation of an English mission-database have been left unanswered in this English part of the forums.

I got this game last year and have in the background been working on a Dutch control centre after getting confirmed such a non-German control centre would work through the same database. I’m very much hoping 2023 might be the year I get to make it publically accessible, hopefully fully functioning in the English language.

I was wondering if, like in the German section of the forum, the developers are able to outline some ambitions for the international part of the game for 2023? I’m personally very curious whether we can be looking forward to an English mission-database, which would in general improve accesibility for non-German speaking (or non-native German speaking) people immensely as the major features and gameplay of the game would be accessible in English. A prospect into what other countries might become available this year would be the cherry on top of the cake.

Thank you very much for your information update.

Best regards,

EuRoo

Am 12.1.2023 um 15:52 schrieb EuRoo:

Dear developers,

2022 ended on the German forum with a year in review and a first prospect of what is to come for SIM Dispatcher in 2023. Emphasis in game development still lies heavily with all German-language aspects of the game, which is understandable given the ambitions the developers have shared throughout the last year.

Meanwhile we have received a base English language layer in the game in 2022 which is a great start to making the game ‘internationally accessible’. Also in the ticket system the implementation of Geodata for The Netherlands has been marked as a high priority in september. Unfortunately inquiries relating to the status of further translation and possibly the implementation of an English mission-database have been left unanswered in this English part of the forums.

I got this game last year and have in the background been working on a Dutch control centre after getting confirmed such a non-German control centre would work through the same database. I’m very much hoping 2023 might be the year I get to make it publically accessible, hopefully fully functioning in the English language.

I was wondering if, like in the German section of the forum, the developers are able to outline some ambitions for the international part of the game for 2023? I’m personally very curious whether we can be looking forward to an English mission-database, which would in general improve accesibility for non-German speaking (or non-native German speaking) people immensely as the major features and gameplay of the game would be accessible in English. A prospect into what other countries might become available this year would be the cherry on top of the cake.

Thank you very much for your information update.

Best regards,

EuRoo

I will try to discuss this matter with the developers and come back to you with an outline for this year and maybe even beyond that

3 Likes

Hello,

I don’t mean to nag and hope I am not considered to be, but I was hoping almost two months down the road I could attract some developer attention to this post. With the release of the new patch, which seems to offer interesting improvements and new hooks for further development, maybe some light can be shown on the questions in the original post and some insight might be given into what the future holds for the non-German community.

Many thanks again.

Best regards,

EuRoo

I also am wondering the same thing.